Barilla Spaghetti Pasta



I've had a few spaghetti brands in my days, both good and bad, and I have to say the Barilla brand is by far the best I have had as far as I know.

Taste/Texture – Its taste and texture is smooth and plump, with a balanced colouring, rich look and smooth taste. What I love most about this brand of pasta is that, unlike other brands, it never sticks together, but is easy to separate smoothly without breaking off, and does not sag when sitting on any sauce. Its also quite easy and quick to cook, ready to be consumed within minutes.

I also love the Barilla Farfalle! I bought the Farfalle of another brand and was gravely disappointed as I had expected the same taste and quality as Barilla brand. Should’ve known better. Barilla brand stands out on its own.

PACKAGING - Love love the packaging; there’s just something about pasta in a box :D. Great look, feels firm and looks secure. No threat or fear of ripping or leakage.

Health factor – This pasta has a number of health benefits; it has 20% iron, 2% calcium, and only 2g of sugar (although I’m not certain why there should be sugar at all in pasta). It also contains 63g of carbs, which I think is a little high, and 310 calories. As great tasting as the pasta is, I think there are other less fatty pasta brands out there if you’re particular about your weight or your calorie intake.

Value – Its price fluctuates regularly, going from a really cheap cost of 0.98 to a more expensive price of $3.45. Either way, I think it’s a great pasta brand and its retail value matches its quality. Even the high cost of $3.45 (although more expensive than other brands) is a fair price that matches its great quality. I will say it’s a bit scanty though, which means you’d need more than a pack if you’re cooking for a big group.


Overall – 9/10. Great tasting pasta with awesome texture and pretty fair value. Will definitely recommend to any pasta (or food) lover!

Popular Reviews