This brand of kinky braids is my go-to whenever I want to
get my hair in braids and maintain that natural hair look. As an FYI, black
hair is hard to maintain, so sometimes a girl just wants to wrap those strands
up for weeks (or months even) and go about her life.
Feel and texture - I
braid my hair myself, and because it takes hours and intense dedication, I
really want hair that won't just last long and look great, but also one that'd feel great on my fingers as I twist them in. Magic Gold
collection does it for me; it feels soft yet not too much, just firm enough to
securely hold on to my hair without loosening up. It also looks beautiful and
has that dread-like look that I really envy and wish I could grow naturally but
don’t have the sweet patience for ;)
UX and Durability - It feels wonderful on my head, much lighter than I anticipated, even though it’s a full head of braids. I love that I can pull it up in a bun and not feel its weight – that’s a great thing right there. I also love that, 6 weeks in, it still looks and feels amazing (with some oiling and conditioning, ofcourse). It doesn't tangle, and I can wash the braids while it's still in and have it still looking fresh and new.
Value – I
usually buy this hair from a local hair store in my little area in Toronto, and
I will admit that, at $12.99, this brand is a little more expensive than other
kinky braid brands (which range from $5.99-$8.99). However I'm not complaining,
I’m glad I took a chance and gave it a test run, because now I can’t go back to
other older brands I've used in the past.
Over-all – 9.5/10. Great
product, and even though I feel this is it for me, I’m always open to try new
brands I haven't tried yet. Highly recommended!
